NESA Test Taking Tips
Your child will be taking the NeSA tests. The students and teachers have been preparing for these tests since the start
of the year. We understand parents want their children to succeed and below are some suggestions that can be done at home in
preparation for the tests.
Tips to help your student perform their best on state testing:
- Keep a positive attitude about the tests and encourage your child to do their best.
- Let your child know you care about their performance on the tests, but don’t dwell on it.
- Try to answer any questions your child may have about the tests to help relieve their stress.
- Make sure your child goes to bed early the night before each test, ideally before 9:00 p.m. to allow for a full nights sleep.
- Try to resolve any disagreements the night before each test.
- Keep the routine at home as normal as possible.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast the morning of each test. Don’t forget breakfast is served at school starting at 7:30 a.m.
- Make sure your child is at school on time the day of each test.
- Make sure your child is in school on test days. Avoid scheduling any appointments on these days. Notify the school first thing in the morning if your child must miss school for an emergency situation or due to sickness.
- If your child wears glasses, please remind them to wear their glasses the day of the tests.
- Please make sure medications are taken the morning of the tests, if your child takes medication before arriving at school.